Maison Balzac 300gr Scented Candle - Black Sassafras
A scented candle that vividly recalls quiet walks through towering fir needles. Breathe deeply, there is a stillness that can only be found in the rare moments where, in between the trees, notes of bergamot flirt with sassafras on the breeze.
"The story behind this candle is a journey back in time and is a total fragrant reminder of when the kids were little and we used to drive up to Federal near Byron Bay, every Christmas. We would stay in the same little house belonging to our friends and the drive down the old road to their place was lined with these trees which smell like these candles. The mix of fir needle, sassafras and bergamot is the closest we could get to replicating the scent, and it comes pretty close.” - Lee Mathews.
- Olfactive Notes: Bergamot, Fir Needles & Sassafras
- Materials: Soy wax with cotton wick
- Made in Sydney, Australia
- 300g approx. 70 hours burn time
Care and composition:
- The first burn is the most important as it sets the burn memory. When lighting for the first time, ensure it is alight long enough for an even wax pool to develop to the edge of the vessel.
- To ensure an even burn and the best scent throw experience, be sure to trim the wick to 5mm before each use.
- After extinguishing the flame, make sure the wick stands upright in the centre of the vessel.
- Never burn a candle for longer than 2 hours, or when the wax level reaches less than 2cm from the vessel base.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Keep away from draughts, children, pets, or flammable objects like curtains.
- Always ensure candles are placed on a non-flammable base while burning